Monday, April 21, 2008

He's Got a Knife

Here's a happy picture. As you can see, it's my very messy art desk. It's not the table or the messiness, itself, that makes me happy. What makes me smile is the fact that the messiness is proof that the table has seen from pretty extensive use recently. All too often, I've looked at the table and seen it looking spotlessly clean. That's sad. Even worse is when it's actually dusty.


What have I been working on? Well, a sculpture titled He's Got a Knife. I just wrapped it up over this past weekend. I'll post some of the detailed steps over the next week or so but, for now, here are a few simple images. I'm happy with the results. And let me tell you...I love Super Sculpey. It's some very, very cool stuff.

As for the sculpture, I hope the pictures turned out alright. The creature is holding a knife from an action figure that I can't even remember anymore. Everything was handmade.

Currently, the piece is on loan from my private collection at home to my private collection at work.



3 comments:

RetroBrett said...

Yikes...those are big photos.

Matt Moberly said...

Man, that's a funny sculpture. You should get someone who's handy with photography *cough*joanna*cough* to take some pictures with their handy-dandy homemade lightbox.

Anyway, kudos on the great idea and follow-through. I'll be adding it to my own private desk collection today when you leave.

Joanna said...

My camera is in the car- I'll have it tomorrow. My lightbox didn't survive the move, but your private collection at work has some nice natural light that would do well. If you'd just open the blinds.