Thursday, September 17, 2009

Cha..Cha...Changes

Yet another long gap in blogging. I am still around. Honest. Here's the rundown on the last few months. I'll keep them brief with the plan to post more on each later.

  1. Here's the big, big news. We're having another baby! That's right. Number Three is due in early November. Our oldest was born in late November 2006. If you do your math and Baby Three is reasonably on time, we'll have three kids under the age of three for about a month. Yikes!
  2. Denisa and I went on vacation. We spent a few days in Michigan's Beach Towns while the boys stayed with my parents. Everyone had a blast. And we very much appreciated the time.
  3. I'm constructing built-in bookcases to surround our fireplace. The first (of two) is nearly complete. I'm in the middle of working on the second. I hope to have everything except the doors done by the end of the September (of 2009).
  4. I have a couple other creative projects in the works. Some writing. Some woodworking. Some artwork. A lot of general awesomeness.
  5. Speaking of awesome, I wrote a Mission Statement. Here's the short version: Bring the Awesome. I'm debating whether or not to post the longer one.
  6. I'm doing a six-week study at church based on Raising a Modern Day Knight by Robert Lewis. I read the book awhile ago. The study has been a good supplement.
  7. I started running again. Not a lot but I'm steadily able to run longer, faster, and with less pain.
  8. I've been reading some good stuff:
  • The Voyage of the Dawn Treader by CS Lewis
  • The Silver Chair by CS Lewis
  • The Last Battle by CS Lewis
  • Me, Myself, and Bob by Phil Vischer
  • Story by Robert McKee
  • The Luck Factor by Richard Wiseman
  • Rogue Male by Geoffrey Household
  • The 39 Steps by John Buchan
  • Flashman by George MacDonald Fraser
  • Diamonds are Forever by Ian Fleming
  • The Five Love Languages by Gary Chapman
  • Jesus Among Other Gods by Ravi Zacharias

1 comment:

Joanna said...

I just finished a book by Donald Miller, an author who went to one of Robert McKee's Story seminars, all about Story in his own life, and *living* a good story. Hopefully I'll have a review up soon. If you'd like me to pass the book, A Million Miles in a Thousand Years, along, let me know.