Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Exhaustion

I don’t often use this blog for journaling. That is, simply documenting the events of my usually uneventful life. But these last couple weeks have been pretty intense in a lot of different ways. I’m feeling it physically, emotionally, and spiritually. I thought I’d share. If nothing else, it’ll be cathartic for me. Still, I don’t want to get too personal.

I have a close buddy. We’ve been friends since the fourth grade. We played on the same little league teams. We played GI Joe together. Our families vacationed together. His family was and is like a second family to me. Anyway, several years ago, his Mom--this second Mom to me--was diagnosed with cancer. Two weeks ago, I visited her and the family in hospice care. She passed away soon afterward and the funeral was last week. That hit me hard. I don’t really know how to put into words all that I was and am feeling. Sorrow. Fear. A tinge of anger. And, strangely, a little happiness that her terrible, valiant struggle is over and her earthy chains are gone.



I had more about the physical and mental exhaustion but, you know what, never mind.

2 comments:

Lexi said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. Hope you get some rest soon, both mental and physical.

NerdGirl said...

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. When it starts to get overwhelming, snuggle one of your babies: it will help. Sending lots of love and maybe Denisa can give you a big hug from me since I am too far away to give you a hug myself.