Monday, November 19, 2007

Baby Dos (dose): Week 13


Size Comparison: Shipwreck GI Joe Figure.

If you’re reading Retro Brett, we’ve really probably met. In fact, we’re probably reasonably close friends and/or family. Let’s face it, I’m not exactly getting a lot of strangers checking out the site. Anyway, if we’re that close, the fact that my wife and I are expecting our second child probably comes as no surprise to you.

I’ll be honest, finding out that we’re expecting a second child did come as a surprise to me. Don’t get me wrong, it was an incredibly happy surprise but, still, as surprise. After it took so long (close to two years) to get pregnant with Jesse, I wasn’t really anticipating a pregnancy after only one or two months of NOT trying not to have another child. When we found out, I actually thought it was funny. I genuinely laughed out loud. I’m still laughing about it. It’s extremely exciting. It’ll mean some big changes. And, even though it’s a little scary, I’m surprisingly unstressed about it. Watch out world!

Continuing the Retro Brett tradition of comparing the current size of our new baby to something retro and cool, Baby Dos is about the size of one of the GI Joe figures I remember from my early/mid eighties childhoods. I picked Shipwreck for the visual as he struck me as one of the most memorable characters from both the toy and the cartoon series. Really, he’s got a parrot? Seriously? Ok, maybe Snake-Eyes is more popular but he certainly not as colorful.

I’ll get an ultrasound picture posted shortly.

No comments: