Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Our 10th Valentine's

If my math is correct, this is the tenth Valentine's Day my wife and I have celebrated. Those initial dates typically involved a trip to the Muncie Fazoli's, checking out what's new at the local Wal-Mart, and a VHS movie watched on a tiny TV in a tiny Ball State dorm room. Now, well, it's nothing but the best...a trip to the Macaroni Grill, Target, and a DVD!

Seriously, looking back, a lot of things have changed since those college days. We're in a house instead of a Ball State (GO CARDS!) dorm. We have homemade food (beyond the basic Ragu and pasta) instead of dining service. My job is certainly more profitable than working the dorm's front desk ever was. My wife has her own car instead of a hand-me-down. My car...well...ok, bad example...I still regret getting rid of my college car but that's beside the point.

Anyway, as big as those changes seem, they only scratch the surface. What's even more important that NOT living in a dorm? Well, obviously it's our relationship. Every year my wife and I grow closer and, as that happens, I find even more reasons to love her. As we study the Bible, I see her incredible wisdom and faith. With the birth of our son, I saw her strength. When I see her with our son now, I see what a wonderful mother she is. As we contemplate even more big changes I see her bravery. Absolutely amazing. She's more wonderful and beautiful than ever.

And that's why, when my wife gave me a framed picture of her with our handsome little son, it was the greatest Valentine's Day gift I could've received. I'm happy to have it brightening my work cube.

1 comment:

NerdGirl said...

Oh...your post makes me feel all warm and fuzzy and a little bit teary-eyed. I know that even though I can't really take credit for getting you two together, it always makes me happy to know that I have been able to see you two together from the beginning. You and Denisa are such a wonderful example of how beautiful it is when people genuinely love each other!
--Jenni