Friday, May 16, 2008

Baby Dos: Week 38


Size Comparison: Green Machine Ride-on toy

We're well into the single digits with our pregnancy countdown. Officially, Baby Dos is due to join the outside world one week from tomorrow. Yow! Our weekly appointments are going well. The baby's heartbeat is strong and my wife's blood pressure is great. The only issues involve the discomfort that you would expect with being 8.5+ months pregnant. We've been fortunate to have a pretty cool spring so the heat hasn't been too bad. Still, sleeping is difficult, muscles are sore, and there's an ever-growing baby that's quickly running out of space. My beautiful wife is amazing though. Through it all, she manages to keep up with our increasingly fast eighteen-month-old son. How she does it, I'll never know.

When will Baby Dos make their debut...who knows? Things could change at any minute but, as of yesterday, the doctor didn't feel like the baby was coming any time soon. Jesse was a week late when my wife was induced and our doctors are saying history tends to repeat itself.

As for the size comparison, I never had a Green Machine. My impression is that they're a Big Wheel with a twist. You still pedal with the front wheel but steering is with the back wheels...so the potential for sweet spinouts is excellent. I'm happy to see you can still get these. I even saw them at Target the other day. An adult-sized Green Machine is on my to-do list.

2 comments:

James Kubecki said...

The Green Machine was the king of spinouts. My parents had a pretty steep driveway (the garage was in the back of the house, and this was Pennsylvania, where there are actual hills). Anyway, I used to barrel down the driveway at to speed and brake and spin at the bottom of the driveway. 360's easy.

The best part was the ultra-low center of gravity - you practically laid down on the thing - plus wide back axle, meant that you couldn't possibly flip the thing, even if you tried.

Lexi said...

Yay!!! I'm so excited for Baby Dos! I have another friend who is expecting Baby Uno any day now, too. Can't wait to see pics...